Wednesday, June 1, 2011

30 weeks along...this time for sure..I think.

So, when I went to my doctor's apt in Magrath on the 20th on May, the doctor there told me he thought I was 30 weeks. I should have been 29 at that point. But he measured to the top of my uterus and said based on that he thought I was 30 weeks, not 29. So I though I was 30 weeks. But, I went to my first apt at my new doctor here in Calgary and she said she thinks I am just measuring big. So, I'm 30 weeks right now, not 31. On the 20th of May when Dr.Dahl measured he said I was 30in. 2 days ago at the doctor here, she said I was 32! Luka is growing and growing :) I can definitely feel that he is getting bigger....I don't think there is much room for him in there. The top of my belly, where the top of my uterus is sitting, is soo sore. Right by my ribs, under my sternum, hurts like crazy! It is really uncomfortable to sleep at night, and difficult to find a position I can stay in long enough to fall asleep. My hips ache as well but it's mostly my ribs. But laying on my side hurts a lot, I wake up so much during the night. I've been sleeping a bit better since we got to Calgary though, so I am happy about that!

Today I went to the lab to get some more blood tests done. I had brought with me all of my medical records from North Carolina but apparently some of them were missing or just didn't get printed out correctly...so I had to get a bunch of routine blood tests done that I've already had done. I hate getting my blood taken! I also had my gestational diabetes test done today at the lab. The juice they made me drink was not as bad as I was expecting, but it made me feel a bit sick just because I was drinking so much sugar all at once. It was gross!

I have another doctor's apt tomorrow. On the 6th, we are doing another ultra sound. My doctor wants another one just to see how everything is doing, since I am a new patient. I am excited to see Luka again. :)

Speaking of 'my doctor' - I would like to thank a sister from my ward who was able to help me get a doctor! Of course she will probably never see this, but I really appreciate it when people go out of their way to help someone. I was having such a difficult time...I really was hoping to be able to go with a midwife but that just didn't work out. My family's doctor couldn't refer me while I was outside of Canada, and if I waited for him to refer me once I got to Canada - it could have taken forever to get a doctor and blah blah blah.... Sister.Young from my family's ward at church is a doctor and she was able to get me into her clinic! I was so happy to finally hear that I had a doctor and would be able to get the care I needed without anymore complications, it was such a blessing for us that she offered to help and really relieved a lot of stress I was feeling.

Oh, another thing I forgot to write about - I got my Rhogam shot at 28 weeks! I was stressed out about that, too, but Dr.Dahl in Magrath was able to help me with that. He is another person who deserves thanks! My mom and I arrived in Magrath from our road trip home on the 19th and the next day I had my prenatal checkup with Dr.Dahl, and then we went to the hospital in Raymond to get my shot. I am happy everything worked out with that...I was getting worried because they make it slightly complicated!

I am just happy to finally be here in Calgary where we can feel rested and settled for a while. After moving from place to place and going from doctor to doctor, we are finally at a place where we can stay, and I finally have a doctor! No more switching and moving around! Yay! Luka will be here pretty soon! I'm getting very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment